Aadhar number has become on of the most important proof of identity (POI) and proof of address(POA) for indian citizens anywhere in India. Aadhar number is an unique 12 digit identification number issued by UIDAI on behalf of government of India.
Our External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj has invited the diaspora community to actively participate in India's growth story and said now the government of India is taking into consideration to give Aadhar cards to non residents of India and decision on it will be taken soon.
The Non residents of India would also be eligible to get Unique Id if their own very soon. The approach to get Aadhar card would be same as following by the indian citizens as per reports coming in media.
"Prime Minister of India also wants it for Overseas Citizens of India card(OCI) holders. This episode is under our attention. No commitments has been taken as discussions are on it are ongoing." Ms. Swaraj said during an interaction after her address.
The Aadhar number has already been crossed 100 crore mark to Indian Citizens. Every resident gave its biometric information like iris scan, fingerprints scan, their digital photograph and will get 12 digit unique identification number from UIDAI.
When and how can non resident Indian apply for Aadhar card?
● There is no exact timespan that is assigned for the initiation to issuing Aadhar number to NRI's and OCI said by Planning Minister of India, Rao Inderjit Singh in a written reply to the Lok Sabha.
● And even, he had just made it obvious that the action has been already started and Universal Identification Authority of India(UIDAI) with Ministry. They will make sure that all steps are taken to implement the idea of Aadhar Card for NRI without any flaw in the process.
● Shortly they will answer the question that how to get Aadhar card for NRI's. They will initiate the application process with no flaws and downside very soon.
Benefits of Aadhar Card for NRI's and Indians:
Aadhar number has numerous benefits to those who own it. It's not only a 12 digit number but help you to avail various government services and schemes like LPG, opening new bank account, new mobile number connection, pension, new passport in 10 days etc.
Some of the Aadhar number benefits are given below:
● The verification can be done quickly to obtain Government Pensions/ Scholarships with the help of Unique Aadhar number.
● Aadhar number helps you get new mobile number connection.
● For LPG Subsidies and connections.
● Aadhar Number helps in prompt processing of subsidies enables to get the cashback directly deposited in beneficiary bank account and many more.
Sushma Swaraj also Calling upon the diaspora to be part of the India growth story, she said “It is time for you to come back to India.”
Expressing gratitude in praise of the Prime Minister, Sushma Swaraj said India's engagement with the overseas Indians has build up manifold because of his continuous attempts to reach out to the community. Swaraj also mentioned Narendra Modi's Madison Square address in the US and at the Wembly in London.
"Your achievements in the countries of your adoption are a matter of pride. It is our responsibility to protect you and take care of you. Indeed, we are you and you are us," she said.